Skip to main content

Why do married women cheat without divorcing?

Both men and women have been cheating forever but a new trend is starting to emerge: women are going public with their adultery and are talking about it the way they talk about shopping or vacations.  Michelle, shown below, is a woman in her late 30s with two teens.  She has no plans to divorce her husband because she does not want upset the nice arrangement the family currently has.  Her biggest complaint is that sex with him is boring and rarely happens.  She says, "I feel totally unloved and neglected. When we first got together he was so romantic, buying me flowers and even writing me poetry. But now it is as if he hardly knows I exist.  I love being treated and taken out for dinner. I am hoping that my new married lovers will wine and dine me, as well as taking me to bed."  She feels no guilt nor does she care about her actions because she suspects that her husband might be cheating too and she has a right to get action in bed if he can't give it to her.


Image of cheating wife Michelle