Skip to main content

Best body lotion for itchy skin in winter

Since I live in New England, I know what dry skin feels like.  Fortunately for me, being married to a woman who is an expert in beauty and health, we use plenty of body lotion.  We were big fans of L'Occitane until we discovered the EveryDay Shea Moisturizing Body Lotion that was parabens free and fair trade and so we switched.  It generally works most of the time but when it gets really cold and the air dries up completely, it does not matter how many times you apply these lotions, the skin still itched.  In fact during a cold snap this year, it got so bad that I literally had blood on my nails because I was scratching so hard.  That is when someone recommended Cetaphil.  I had never heard of the brand and was a little skeptical, but boy, it worked.  I can't say enough good things about it because my dryness disappeared completely and I need to apply just once a day.  I do it right after my morning shower.  Strongly recommended.