Skip to main content

Do I need to go to college to learn blogging?

I have been singing the praises of free online education but Duke University is launching a program to teach how to start personal blogging at a whopping cost of over $43,000 a year.  Look, I have spent a lot of time in traditional universities getting two masters degrees and I have tremendous respect for learning and universities, but I find this funny.  First of all, while blogging is complex (there are creative and technical aspects that are not easy to grasp), I am not sure that one needs to spend so much time and effort learning it in an academic setting.  Secondly, rather than invest so much time in an academic program, you are much better off by starting to blog right now, and learn as you go, because everything in the world of blogging changes every few weeks, that you will be much better off riding the wave.  And in case you need a blogging coach, write to me.  I will be glad to help.