Skip to main content

Healthy people die earlier than unhealthy people

It sounds counter-intuitive but scientists at University College London found that to be the case.  It scared me a lot because I not only want to be healthy, I also want to live a long life.   So why would this be that overweight heart disease patients are actually 30% less likely to die early than their counterparts of a healthy weight.  No one knows, but one explanation from Dr Mark Hamer is that sick people are more likely to see a doctor, get checked up, and receive treatments, while healthy people are more likely to avoid meeting with a doctor and being treated for hidden diseases like diabetes.  I can agree with that because despite having health insurance, I have not seen a doctor in years.  I eat healthy, workout, take supplements, occasionally get a vaccine, and avoid ever going to a medical facility.