Skip to main content

Even more fees by American Airlines

I have been a dedicated frequent flier on American Airlines and even have two of their airline credit cards, but looks as if I may need to take my business elsewhere (not that there are many choices since all airlines have declared full scale war on passengers).  After annoying me with their unethical marketing practices, I have now been told that regardless of how early I book, when I want to use their reduced mileage awards, I will need to pay $25 per ticket (I cannot understand why the charge will be double if I also bring Lorena along because all they need to do is to plug in her AAdvantage # and all the information gets populated on screen).  I also fail to understand that with computerization of almost all types of bookings, why do I even have to call an agent to book only this type of rewards.  To me it is nothing but a technique to harass their customers.