Skip to main content

Drank coffee at Render in Boston South End

Lorena and I are both addicted to coffee and often wonder what would it take to get European or Japanese or Argentinian style cafes in America, so when WCVB Chronicle featured Render (563 Columbus Avenue), we decided to stop by when we were in the Copley Square area for a laser treatment at the Athena Salon Spa.  It is a cute little place with very attentive and courteous staff (thus, a huge departure from Starbucks where employees really don't care about you and the cafe is almost always dirty and it seems that the company strategy is to employ a business model with an emphasis on take-out rather than encourage a cafe culture).  Lorena tried a cappuccino (it had less foam than she likes) and I had a Colombian pour coffee (not dark enough and not as full bodied as I like).  Overall, a great place to go for a coffee but I need to try other coffees to make sure that I find the coffee I like.