Skip to main content

Australia movie review

Photo of Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman kissing I chose to watch Australia because I consider Nicole Kidman to be a very fine actress, I love the Wolverine and the X-men franchise with Hugh Jackman, and I know so little about Australia. It is a great movie and I truly enjoyed it but I can understand why some people may not like it so much.

It is set against the background of Second World War and the movie runs at an extremely slow pace chronicling the adventures of an English lady on a ranch in the middle of nowhere in Australia. Contrary to what one would expect, Lady Sarah Ashley not only runs the ranch effectively but chooses to live permanently in the country.

I must mention some remarkable acting by Brandon Walters as the young Aboriginal boy Nullah who keeps the whole story together. In summary, if you like a movie with a plot involving a war, romance, group rivalry, and race relations, you will love it.